Historic Buildings of Downtown Placerville


The Empire Antiques


Empire Antiques.

A twin of the Upper Fairchild Building, the lowewr west half of the groud floor was the Fairchild Drug Store from the time it was built until William Fairchild died in 1892. The east half of the lower floor was occupied by Pinio's Ice Cream Parlor in the teens, and was a candy kitchen in the 1920s. The second floor consisted of commercial offices.

      The largest collection of antique dealers in the area, Empire Antiques successfully 
      converted the old cinema to an eclectic array of antiques for sale.
      



Back button. Home button. Next button.
Lori A. Jarvis, Site Designer and Manager
California State University, Sacramento
EDTE282/EDTE283