Practical Internet Searching
Answer the following questions on your
- Which of the three major search
methods did you find the most useful?
- What distractions did you
encounter before reaching the final page?
- What "ah-hahs" if any, did you
- What did you learn about
searching the Internet for a given topic?
- What search engine or directory
is your favorite? Explain.
Using one (or more) of the search
engines or directories found in this lesson (or one of your own since
there are thousands), search for three items in the following list in
a "Scavenger Hunt." Write your answers on the handout. You
will turn it into your teacher when finished.
Scavenger Hunt Questions
- What was William Shakespeare's
first play that is classified as a tragedy?
- What famous person has a birthday
- What is the Zip Code for Truth or
Consequences, New Mexico?
- What are the three top news
stories on CNN right now?
- What is the melting temperature
- What is the weather like right
now in Mexico City?
- What was the score of the
Nebraska Cornhuskers last football game?
- What is the official currency of
- Who was the 17 president of
- Who wrote The Grapes of Wrath?
- Who is Mike Manchaca?
- What is the most popular Crayola
- What are the number of dog breeds
recognized by the American Kennel Club?
- What's the distance between
Saturn and the sun?
- Who was Salvador Dali and when
did he die?
- Where is the world's longest and
- What is the first and sixteenth
lines in Charles Dickens's book Tale of Two Cities?
One More thing . . . Go to the
Next Page |
Main Page |
© 2003 by